March 9, 2013. The day cool season died in Dakar.
March 10, 2013. The day we busted out the kiddie pool to cool off.
March 11, 2013. With any luck, the day cool season was revived, allowing time for me to enjoy the following items on my list…
– Wear jeans, sleeves and (gasp!) even layers.
– Eat at a restaurant because it has great food, not because it has AC.
– Spend the day at Ile de N’gor. Eating freshly caught thiof with hot fries and cold Coke from a glass bottle, watching the crabs scurrying across the sand.
– Make recipes with the words ‘baked’ and ‘roasted’ in the title.
– Sleep under blankets.
– Run more, especially during the middle of the day.
– Explore more markets. (First time to Kermel last week!)
– Dress Pape in those adorable footie pjs.
– Drink hot chai in the evenings, after the footie pjs have stopped padding around the apartment.
– Wear make-up, knowing it won’t melt off.