It was so nice to meet you at the grocery store / kids’ school / bargaining for baskets on the side of the road. In order for us to pursue this friendship further, please complete the following application.
- How long will you live in Dakar? Please note that applicants who will be here for the long haul will be automatically expedited.
- Please give your first and last name, including phonetic spelling if there are any special characters. If I mispronounce your name, keep helping me until I get it right. Same goes for your family members’ names.
- Please list your children’s names and ages, as well as the languages they speak.
- Are you working full time or part time, or are you a stay-at-home parent or trailing spouse?
- In order to determine our compatibility, please mark the activities that interest you:
– exploring markets
– volunteering in the community
– getting mani-pedis
– learning a new language
– replicating your life ‘back home’ as much as possible
– discovering local cuisine
– wearing and designing wax print clothing
For background check purposes, please include links to your Facebook profile, Instagram account (#toubablife) and/or blog.
Thank you for your time and application submission. You will receive a response very quickly seeing as yet another expat friend is leaving on a jet plane tonight…