1. Be thankful you were given warning to prepare.
2. Plan on a minimum of 3-5 liters per adult per day.
3. Fill any empty bottles and buckets you have available.
4. Make a basket of muffins for your friends who have pools.
5. Consider stocking up on paper plates and paper napkins since dish washing will be limited.
6. Buy 10-liter water bottles in advance to give out to neighbors and staff during the cut.
7. Locate your stash of baby wipes, aka Little Showers. Also not a bad time to brush up on your Bucket Bath skills.
8. Do. All. The. Laundry. Now.
9. If you have a reservoir, check to be sure it is full and no visible leaks. (Also a good time to mention that reservoirs should be cleaned twice a year. Call your favorite plumber for that gig.)
10. Memorize the SDE info number (800 00 11 11) or join DKR Power & Water Cuts for updates and info.
PS. They have announced a cut (in ALL CAPS CLOWN FONT) starting tomorrow and lasting through Monday.